Wednesday, December 27, 2006

First few days in Virginia

Our first day in Virginia was very busy with lots of things to fit in. It started off with walking my cousins to the bus stop as it was their last day at school. Ethan thought this was great, especially the yellow school buses - he spent the rest of the day looking for and counting the school buses. It was my cousins birthday so we then went to get donuts to take into school for her friends. We then went to the school had lunch with her and she gave out donuts to her friends, Ethan really enjoyed this.

We then went and did some shopping, we needed things like shampoo, toothpaste, shower gel etc. Whilst in Target John and Ethan spotted a load of Spongebob Squarepants stuff so they stocked up on a few things. I then did some shopping in Old Navy, getting a few bits for me and for Christmas presents. On our way back to my Auntie's house I nipped into the local scrapbooking store and had a look round and got a few bits.

That evening we went out to The Califonia Pizza Kitchen for my cousin's birthday tea. It was great food and we had a lovely time. Here's Ethan enjoying his Ice Cream Sundae with caramal sauce and Oreo's!



The following day we went to Sunday Park which is a local reservoir and had a lovely walk round there. There were lots of squirrals running around in the wooded areas and ducks swimming in the reservoir. There was a lovely park which the children had a great time playing on, especially the tyre swing.



In the afternoon I went to the Mall with my Auntie to do some more shopping and get a few last minute presents. I got some great bargains from Old Navy for myself and it was nice to have a walk around the Mall. Later in the evening John went and out to do some "shopping" and took some photos in to be developed for me and I stayed home and wrapped some presents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a great time ... I really like the photo of Ethan in front of the reservoir. :)