Monday, July 03, 2006

Without a bathroom

As you can see my bathroom now consists of floorboards and plaster board! The plasterer comes tomorrow to start work and John is going to get preparation work done to get the toilet fitted. It will probably be Wednesday though before we have the toilet fitted and ready to use. Luckily my Mum and Dad are away so we are able to use their bathroom this week.

This morning John went to pick up the tiles we had chosen yesterday apart from most of the boarders as they are on order. We didn't choose the tiles we had originally seen as we saw these others when we went in and they are porcelain so harder wearing. The floor tiles are a lot darker from what we were going to have but I'm really pleased we saw these as I think they'll look a lot nicer. We were going to have two different neutral shades, one on the floor and the other on the walls.

John picked up the shower cubicle tonight so hopefully that will be fitted soon. There is just so much to do that it's hard to see what order and when things are going to get done. Putting the tiles down will be a big job but at least the walls will be completely smooth from having it plastered. I wanted the boarder of the tiles to come to the bottom of the window but it looks like we may have to go 10cm under or above it or we'll be cutting tiles up and I don't think it will look as good - so hard to imagine what it will look like either way and make these decisions.

Just need to choose a shower now which is easier said than done as I can't have what I want. I really wanted a "trendy" stainless steel shower head etc but because of our heating system we have to have an electric shower. There is not much choice and they are either white or chrome and some of those look a bit "cheap". Will have to do some shopping around and see if I can find something and quick. Also need to choose a paint colour for the top half of the walls and I have no idea what colour to go for so that'll be fun too!

No comments: